Adapting to policy changes, connecting to the grid, embracing innovation and local supply
12 January 2016, 13:00 - 17:30
Pinsent Masons, Birmingham
The policy landscape has changed for communities significantly under the new Government. This event will help communities to evaluate new business models and funding options. As well as understand how capacity and connections are a key element of renewable energy developments and the huge impact and opportunities they can present to community projects.
This Regen SW Community Energy Group Network event will help groups understand how to navigate grid issues, find out how they can work together with Western Power Distribution (WPD) to secure a grid connection and what the options are if there is currently no affordable capacity.
There will be sessions covering:
- Changing government policy
- Funding options and new business models
- How the electricity network works and a guide to getting connected.
- Innovative solutions to grid constraints including smart technologies and the Sunshine Tariff project
- Local supply options – TBC
The event is free of charge for community energy groups, supported by WPD.