Local Authority Membership Package
Regen SW offers a comprehensive, tailored membership package for local authorities, offering a wide range of benefits to help participating councils take a lead role, open up funding opportunities and meet their objectives cost-effectively.
As a Regen SW local authority member, we can help you to take advantage of this rapidly growing sector.
We can provide you with:
Regular policy updates, consultation responses, market intelligence and access to national policy makers
- Existing members have benefited from regular briefings on critical topics such as changes to incentives and planning; data on installations and renewable energy resources; and opportunities to meet key policy makers directly, including Chris Huhne, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change and Hugh McNeal, Chief Executive of the Office of Renewable Energy Deployment at DECC
Strong links with industry and support in shaping your economic development strategy in sustainable energy
- Regen SW is at the heart of a growing network of over 1,000 renewable energy companies employing over 10,000 people in high value jobs. We have helped members understand local market potential, identify partners and work with local companies to deliver policies and aspirations
Support on financing renewables in a constantly changing incentive led environment
- Working with Regen, member authorities have received guidance and support to develop and gain endorsement for innovative renewable energy business models
Support on communicating sustainable energy and working with communities on local solutions
- Regen SW is an independent advocate for renewable energy in the south west. In 2011 we lobbied Government hard to ensure that local community projects can continue to benefit from tax efficient investment. Our new Communities for Renewables programme will now also provide expert hands-on support for communities looking to invest in renewable energy and we can work with you to engage communities in your area.
The Regen SW team are on hand to answer your questions and are also available to undertake discrete pieces of work at reduced rates to help your initiatives move forward.
Some examples of work that we have undertaken with our local authority members include:
- support on establishing local energy plans and evidence bases for policy
- workshops and training support for councillors, officers and stakeholders
- testing planning policies and facilitating dialogue with industry.
The cost of our standard Local Authority membership package available to all local authorities is £5,000 (+VAT) per year, with discounted rates available for multiple year packages. Regen SW also offers a special alternative package available only to district authorities in the south west of England at a cost of £2,000 (+ VAT) per year.
Regen SW is happy to tailor the benefits of the package to meet local authority requirements as appropriate.
Membership Terms and Conditions can be found here
Local Authority Membership
Take advantage of this rapidly growing sector - for further details on partnership opportunities and the local authority membership package